So I thought I'd take this opportunity to provide you with information and advice on how to keep warm during this freezing period, whilst remaining green!
I've mentioned Nigel’s Eco Store in the past, but this eco-friendly online company provides green solutions to your everyday needs, plus gift ideas too.
There are currently heating efficiency and Insulation products in stock which range from Draught Excluders to Electric Blankets.
You can visit Nigel’s Eco Store here: http://www.nigelsecostore.com/acatalog/Energy_Efficiency.html
The Ethical Eco Store stocks a whole range of winter products, including clothes and throws which are mostly organic and Fair Trade items. They also have a big sale on - so visit quick!
You can visit them here:
The popular online retail store 'Amazon' also has a range of eco-friendly products - just simply type your desired item into the search:-
Staying warm, our top tips:
- Avoid unnecessary trips - use public transport where possible.
- Wrap up warm - put them scarf, hat and glove sets you received for Christmas to good use. And dig those thermals out!
- Wear warm boots/shoes when outside together with thick socks.
- If you know of an elderly vulnerable person, make sure they are comfortable and warm with efficient heating facilities.
- Ensure your household heating is working along with good draught proofing for insulation.
- Have plenty of hot food and drinks.
- Stay active with plenty of exercise.