Monday 30 January 2012

Wolverhampton University does Green Week!

For many students like myself who are interested in reducing our carbon footprint it came as a nice surprise when I logged on to Wolverhampton University's website this morning to see they are holding a 'Green Week' next week - 6th-10th February 2012.

Unfortunately, my timetable will see me in University for only 4 hours over 2 days next week, with my free time working back in the office, so I will not be able to take part in many activities. However, I thought I would advertise the event as it looks to be very interesting for students and teachers alike, and will hopefully help drive a lot more traffic to the University.

Green Week is taking place in the Students Union at Wolverhampton Campus as well as some activities spreading to Walsall Campus on Monday evening and Tuesday daytime. 

Activites include a green tea party, quizzes, a mobile energy bike, Valentines day card making, talks, debates and stalls.

You can find an agenda for the week on the University website here : http://www.wolvesunion.org/yourunion/environment/greenweek/ 

Green Achiever have enquired with the Union to see if we can provide them with any leaflets throughout the event. We believe that with the help of the University, we can provide students and teachers with information on how to stay green whilst reducing their environmental impacts.

We hope you all had a lovely weekend and are staying wrapped up and warm in this icy weather!

GA Team

No comments:

Post a Comment